Squiz The Day – 7 July 2021
6.00pm (AEST) – The Australian Olympics team announces who will be our flag bearer at the opening ceremony of the Tokyo Olympics
8.00pm (AEST) – Rugby Test – Wallabies v France – Suncorp Stadium, Brisbane
National Day – Solomon Islands
World Chocolate Day
Ringo Starr’s birthday (1940)
• Missouri becoming the first place sliced bread is sold (1928)
• the death of Sherlock author Arthur Conan Doyle (1930)
• the first Three Tenors concert featuring Plácido Domingo, José Carreras and Luciano Pavarotti in Rome (1990)
• Nelson Mandela stepping down as President of South Africa (1996)
• the London terrorist attacks that targeted commuters during the morning rush hour killing 56 and injuring 784 people (2005)
Know someone who'd be interested in this story? Click to share...
The Squiz Today
Your shortcut to being informed, we've got your news needs covered.
Also Making News
Get the Squiz Today newsletter
Quick, agenda-free news that doesn't take itself too seriously. Get on it.