Squiz the day
12.30pm (AEDT) – Deputy Opposition Leader Richard Marles addresses the National Press Club – Canberra
7.07pm – Michael Gudinski’s State Memorial – Melbourne (Note: the time is a nod to his favourite tipple…)
World Tuberculosis Day
International Day for the Right to the Truth concerning Gross Human Rights Violations and for the Dignity of Victims
Birthdays for fashion designer Tommy Hilfiger (1951), actor Jim Parsons (1973), footballer and sports commentator Darren Lockyer (1977) and actress Jessica Chastain (1977)
• Elvis Presley joining the army (1958)
• the death of former Governor-General Sir John Kerr (1991)
• Federal Parliament overturning the world’s first euthanasia law that was passed in the Northern Territory (1997)
• the Aussie Cricket ball-tampering scandal in Cape Town (2018)
• the ‘March for Our Lives’ rallies held in Washington DC and around the world to protest gun violence (2018)
The Squiz Today
Your shortcut to being informed, we've got your news needs covered.
Also Making News
Get the Squiz Today newsletter
Quick, agenda-free news that doesn't take itself too seriously. Get on it.