Squiz Quiz – 17 November 2023
1. Which Pacific island nation will be allowed to start migrating to Australia after Oz signed a historic agreement?
The low-lying nation of 11,200 people is at particular risk of rising sea levels.
2. How much was the approved settlement between the Commonwealth and victims of the Robodebt scheme?
This week the Albanese Government has accepted all 56 recommendations in the Robodebt Royal Commission’s final report.
3. Former UK PM David Cameron made a surprise comeback to politics after being appointed to which frontbench position?
“It’s a very odd appointment,” one expert said…
4. What was the main factor contributing to Australia's record wage growth in the September quarter?
It might not feel like it though - read wages are still sitting at their lowest level in 13 years.
5. The latest Rental Affordability Index report showed increases in every capital city over the past year, led by Sydney, Melbourne, and which other city?
Interstate moves during the pandemic also led to steep regional increases in the regions, the report found.
6. What kind of species named after Sir David Attenborough has re-emerged in Indonesia after more than 60 years?
Other animals named after the famous naturalist include the Oedura attenboroughi (velvet gecko), or the Attenborougharion rubicundus (a Tassie semi-slug)...
7. What was the warning given by a search-and-rescue group in British Columbia after a pair of hikers got lost?
Google Maps has led a few hikers down the wrong path over the years…
8. Which iconic Aussie jingle was named one of the National Film and Sound Archive’s Sounds of Australia 2023 inductees?
Among the 10 sounds joining the jingle were The Seekers’ anthem ‘I Am Australian’ and the ‘Howzat’ by Sherbet.
9. A new theatre production based on which pop culture moment is about to open in London?
The audience gets to play judge/jury to decide “who’s guilty and who’s gooped”...
10. Another week, another record broken by Taylor Swift… She became the first songwriter to score how many Grammy nominations for song of the year?
She broke Lionel Ritchie and Paul McCartney’s tied record…
Share your Results:
Get the Squiz Today newsletter
It's a quick read and doesn't take itself too seriously. Get on it.