Work with The Squiz
Come make some sweet Squiz with us...
Content Manager - The Squiz
You will be a news lover with an eye for detail and a passion for podcasting and newsletters. You will be able to translate complex stories to the essential basics and go the extra step to find the 'why' behind each news item. You will show initiative and share your passion for news and quality information with the team. You might have a background in journalism, media advising, corporate comms or a related field.
What you will be doing
We're looking for a full-time Content Manager (aka a podcaster and news content producer). This person will be part of the team that produces the Squiz Today newsletter and podcast, along with Squiz Shortcuts, Saturday Squiz, Weekly Wrap, and special series content.
What you'll do:
- Script, produce, edit and publish the Squiz Today and other podcasts
- Assist in writing and publishing the Squiz Today and other newsletters
- Contribute to our social media channels
- Contribute to content planning and production
- Work with the commercial team to craft excellent content for our partners
You'll have experience in:
- Podcasting/audio presentation
- News writing/scripting
- Audio editing
You'll be passionate about:
- News - Australian, international, business, sport
- Producing engaging content to keep listeners/readers coming back time and again
- Podcasts and podcasting
What’s the deal?
- Full-time, starting in January 2024
- $70,000-$120,000 (depending on experience) + super
- Location: Sydney
Get the Squiz Today newsletter
Quick, agenda-free news that doesn't take itself too seriously. Get on it.