18 November 2023
7.45pm (AEDT) – AFLW Semi-Final – Adelaide v Sydney – Adelaide
Byelection in Daniel Andrews’ seat of Mulgrave in Victoria
Schoolies Week starts (until 24 November)
Birthdays for Margaret Atwood (1939), Steven Moffat (1961) Owen Wilson (1968), and Peter Dutton (1970)
• the consecration of St. Peter’s Basilica (1626)
• Brooklyn toymaker Morris Michton naming the teddy bear after US President Teddy Roosevelt (1902)
• Mickey Mouse’s birthday – on the anniversary of the release of his first appearance in Walt Disney’s Steamboat Willie (1928)
• the Jonestown Massacre when cult leader Jim Jones convinced more than 900 people to drink poison (1978)
• the release of One Direction’s debut album Up All Night and video game Minecraft (2011)
Know someone who'd be interested in this story? Click to share...
The Squiz Today
Your shortcut to being informed, we've got your news needs covered.
Also Making News
Get the Squiz Today newsletter
Quick, agenda-free news that doesn't take itself too seriously. Get on it.