Squiz the day
Labour Day public holiday (WA)
From 12.00pm – 78th Annual Gold Globe Awards – broadcast live on Foxtel Arena
ABS Data Releases – Business Indicators, December; Lending Indicators, January; Mineral and Petroleum Exploration, December
World Compliment Day
Zero Discrimination Day (UN)
Birthdays for Lupita Nyong’o (1983), Kesha (1987) and Justin Bieber (1994)
• the first people being accused of witchcraft in Salem, Massachusetts (1692)
• Yellowstone becoming the world’s first national park (1872)
• Henri Becquerel’s discovery of radioactivity (1896)
• the US explosion of Castle Bravo, a 15 megaton hydrogen bomb at Bikini Atoll, which accidentally became the most powerful nuclear device ever detonated by the US (1954)
• the release of Pink Floyd’s Dark Side of the Moon (1973)
• colour television transmissions beginning in Australia (1975)
Know someone who'd be interested in this story? Click to share...
The Squiz Today
Your shortcut to being informed, we've got your news needs covered.
Also Making News
Get the Squiz Today newsletter
Quick, agenda-free news that doesn't take itself too seriously. Get on it.