Squiz the day
• the 2nd Battle of Vinegar Hill (aka Castle Hill rebellion) in NSW, when Irish convicts led the colony’s only significant convict uprising (1804)
• the publication of the song Happy Birthday To You by Claydon Sunny (1924)
• former Zimbabwe PM Robert Mugabe rising to power (1980)
• the marriage of Rupert Murdoch and Jerry Hall (2017)
• the deaths of actor Luke Perry (2019)
Know someone who'd be interested in this story? Click to share...
The Squiz Today
Your shortcut to being informed, we've got your news needs covered.
Also Making News
Get the Squiz Today newsletter
Quick, agenda-free news that doesn't take itself too seriously. Get on it.