Squiz the day
12.30pm (AEDT) – Australia’s Chief Scientist Dr Cathy Foley addresses the National Press Club – Canberra
2.14pm (AEDT) – Start of round 10 of the America’s Cup – a win for Team New Zealand in one of the 2 rounds today will see it claim the series win – Auckland
To be sure, to be sure, it’s St Patrick’s Day
Dutch General Election
Birthdays for actor Kurt Russell (1951), musician Billy Corgan (1967), and musician Grimes (1988)
• the deaths of Roman Emperor Marcus Aurelius (180) and Saint Patrick (461)
• Edward the Black Prince being made Duke of Cornwall, the first Duchy made in England (1337)
• the patenting of the rubber band and self-raising flour (1845)
• Albert Einstein finishing his scientific paper detailing his Quantum Theory of Light, one of the foundations of modern physics (1905)
• the birthdays of motorcycle inventor Gottlieb Daimler (1834), Nat King Cole (1919), fashion designer Alexander McQueen (1969)
Know someone who'd be interested in this story? Click to share...
The Squiz Today
Your shortcut to being informed, we've got your news needs covered.
Also Making News
Get the Squiz Today newsletter
Quick, agenda-free news that doesn't take itself too seriously. Get on it.