Squiz the Day
Australian-Chinese academic/writer Yang Hengjun in court on espionage charges – Beijing
Australia’s Biggest Morning Tea – the big Cancer Council fundraiser
5.02pm (AEST) – Friends: The Reunion – on Binge
ABS Data Release – Private New Capital Expenditure and Expected Expenditure, March
Birthdays for Henry Kissinger (1923), Pauline Hanson (1954), Neil Finn (1958), Joseph Fiennes (1970), and Jamie Oliver (1975)
Snapchat founder Evan Spiegel and Aussie model/entrepreneur Miranda Kerr celebrate their 4th wedding anniversary (2017)
• the Habeaus Corpus Act (strengthening a person’s right to challenge unlawful arrest and imprisonment) passes in England (1679)
• the founding of Saint Petersburg by Russian Tsar Peter the Great (1703)
• Australians voting in favour of a constitutional referendum granting the government the power to make laws to benefit Indigenous Australians and count them in the national census (1967)
• actor Christopher Reeve becoming paralysed from the neck down after falling from a horse (1995)
• Russian President Boris Yeltsin signing a historic treaty with NATO (1997)
• the International Criminal Tribunal for the former Yugoslavia indicting 4 people including President Slobodan Milošević for war crimes and crimes against humanity committed in Kosovo (1999)
• BTS becoming the first K-pop group to top the US Billboard 200 with their album Love Yourself: Tear (2018)
Know someone who'd be interested in this story? Click to share...
The Squiz Today
Your shortcut to being informed, we've got your news needs covered.
Also Making News
Get the Squiz Today newsletter
Quick, agenda-free news that doesn't take itself too seriously. Get on it.