Squiz Quiz – 14 January 2022
1. Which region of Queensland had massive rainfalls last weekend - more than 600mm in some parts - resulting in huge floods?
Ex-tropical Cyclone Seth caused a lot of problems for parts of the Sunshine State.
2. What did tennis great Novak Djokovic say of his decision to do an interview with French sports newspaper L’Equipe while he had COVID last month?
It was another twist to the Djovokic story this week…
3. The civil case being tried in New York against Prince Andrew over accusations he sexually abused Virginia Giuffre when she was a teenager in 2001 took another step this week - what happened?
Commentators say the case is hanging over Buckingham Palace like a dark cloud.
4. There are calls for UK PM Boris Johnson to resign - what’s been the spark?
Labour and some in his own party think he should fall on his sword.
5. A man in Maryland, USA has received a heart from which animal in a desperate effort to keep him alive?
It’s experimental, but the signs are looking good, his doctors say.
6. A diet rich in which foods was linked by scientists to autoimmune diseases this week?
Fibre-poor processed diets are triggering autoimmune diseases by changing our gut microbiomes, researchers said.
7. A US court has ruled which Swiss/French cheese doesn’t have to be made in the region to be called by its traditional name?
Decades of importation, production, and sale of cheese labelled Gruyère produced outside the Gruyères region has eroded the meaning of the term, the judge found.
8. What’s the name of the creator of the new word game Wordle?
He was in the news this week because he says he’s feeling the pressure of success…
9. UK supermarket Morrisons is ditching ‘use by’ dates on what essential item?
They say consumers can use the sniff test and less perfectly good milk will be wasted.
10. Meanwhile, another UK supermarket Waitrose is soon to introduce what food innovation?
Soon there’ll be no need for your kitchen goggles…
Share your Results:
Get the Squiz Today newsletter
It's a quick read and doesn't take itself too seriously. Get on it.