Work with The Squiz
Come make some sweet Squiz with us...
The Squiz is a growing podcast and newsletter business, born from a love of news. Quite simply, we want to give busy people a quick and easy way to stay informed. The result is our weekday newsletter and podcast, Squiz Today. We also produce a weekly Squiz Shortcut podcast and newsletter, the Squiz Kids news podcast and Squiz Kids For Schools program, the Sport Today newsletter and podcast and the Politics Today newsletter.
We are currently hiring for:
Growth Marketing Manager
This is a senior role in our business, reporting to the Engagement Director. You will use your digital marketing skills to grow The Squiz audience through both paid and organic channels. Subscriber acquisition and retention across our emails and podcasts will be your number one priority.
You will need to be a self-starter who is passionate about audience growth and engagement. You will have 5+ years digital marketing experience, be very comfortable with a test and learn approach, be motivated by data-driven insights, and keen to jump in and hit the ground running with a growing Australian content business. You will be an expert in meeting people where they are, with the right message at the right time. A love of news is a definite plus.
What you will be doing:
- You will be driving growth for The Squiz brands across multiple acquisition touchpoints - paid campaigns, newsletter referral programs, organic traffic, social media, podcast executions, website experience
- Turn subscriber data into actionable insights for growth, engagement and retention
- You will be driving engagement across Squiz assets - from onboarding to re-engagement, to optimise the subscriber experience and improve retention
- Create and build audience segments from email user behaviour that can offer insights to the commercial and product team
- Create A/B tests to optimise subscription behaviour across website assets and referral programs
- Develop and implement data strategies to better understand and optimise CPA and LTV
- Have a test and learn approach to all Squiz assets - email programs, social campaigns, website executions
What we are looking for:
- Proven track record of leading, ideating and executing growth initiatives
- A strong strategic brain when it comes to audience growth and retention
- Demonstrated ability to use data to drive action
- Experience in CRM and database management/lifecycle management (Salesforce and Campaign Monitor experience, and any technical implementation skills a definite plus)
- Innovation and creativity when it comes to audience engagement
- Experience working in email marketing/newsletters, podcast marketing, social media marketing
- Experience in SEO, Meta and LinkedIn advertising and Google AdWords
What’s the deal?
Collaborative and mature working environment – a driven, entrepreneurial and friendly team that has big plans for the future and a passion for great content.
- Full-time starting ASAP.
- Location: Negotiable but preferably Sydney (includes office time in Darlinghurst).
- Hours are flexible and expectation is this role will operate autonomously.
For a confidential discussion, please contact [email protected].
Get the Squiz Today newsletter
Quick, agenda-free news that doesn't take itself too seriously. Get on it.