Squiz Quiz – 5 November, 2021
1. How good was the discovery of 4yo Cleo Smith by WA Police on Wednesday morning?
Yep, all the good feelings...
2. What event was French President Emmanuel Macron leaving when he said PM Scott Morrison had lied to him?
You may not have heard about it - it was a pretty low key story this week...
3. In what city did the war of words continue when Morrison hit back?
Wasn't there some conference on in Glasgow?
4. What pledge did Australia sign up to at COP26?
We're a top 5 emitter of methane, and we said no thanks to that pledge launched by the US and EU.
5. Which African country is said to be on the brink of all-out war?
It's been building for a year and the UN says “extreme brutality” has been exercised by government forces and the rebel forces they are looking to crush, the Tigray People’s Liberation Front.
6. Who won Japan's general election?
And he's just been PM for a month...
7. Which country's ports have been choked by pumice stones after a nearby underwater volcano eruption?
Good for their feet though...
8. TV icon Bert Newton died on Saturday. What decade did he start his television career?
His state funeral is set to be held in the coming days.
9. Who won the Melbourne Cup?
Winning by 4 lengths, she smoked the opposition...
10. The Merriam-Webster dictionary added 455 new words to keep up with the times. One of them is a popular sandwich called a...
Peanut butter. Marshmallow crème. White sandwich bread. Hmm...
Get the Squiz Today newsletter
It's a quick read and doesn't take itself too seriously. Get on it.