Squiz Quiz – 7 January 2022
1. Who said they would "fight" the Australian Government's decision to deport men's tennis #1 Novak Djokovic after he fell foul of the international border COVID rules?
"He is subject to the same rules as anyone else," said PM Morrison.
2. Rapid antigen tests are hard to come by at your local pharmacy/supermarket... Who is investigating reports of price gouging?
“We won’t be shy to name and shame suppliers and retailers we consider to be doing the wrong thing,” said Chairman Rod Sims.
3. This week, Australia signed an important security pact with which ally?
The Reciprocal Access Agreement will beef up defence and security cooperation between our nations.
4. What's the name of the ex-tropical cyclone that's created havoc off the NSW/Queensland coast this week?
High winds, lots of rain, big surf, huge king tides. It's been quite a thing...
5. She said she wanted to revolutionise blood testing and media diagnostics but Theranos founder Elizabeth Holmes was found guilty of what this week?
Before it all came tumbling down the company was worth US$9 billion.
6. Home prices across the country rose by 22% last year. That's the sharpest rise in how many decades?
Home prices set to plateau or fall a little this year - and breathe...
7. The child of which member of pop musical royalty is making it in the London art scene?
Her son with film director Guy Ritchie - 21yo Rocco Ritchie - has been outed as the up-and-coming artist Rhed.
8. Whose song catalogue is the latest to be sold to a big music company?
His estate will be dancing, dancing in the street...
9. The oldest person in the world Kane Tanaka celebrated a birthday this week. How old is she?
She likes a regular drop of Coca-Cola, so they made her some special bottles to mark the occasion.
10. The family of Jalayne Sutherland, a 'lil cutie from Ohio, have received a message noting her "splendid" her Halloween costume. Who sent it?
"The pups were proud to sit next to their Queen," Jalayne family said.
Get the Squiz Today newsletter
It's a quick read and doesn't take itself too seriously. Get on it.