18 May 2022
12.30pm (AEST) – Labor leader Anthony Albanese gives his Leaders’ Address to the National Press Club – Canberra
6.00pm (AEST) – Postal voting applications for the 2022 federal election close
ABS Data Release – Wage Price Index, March
The winner of the inaugural Environmental Music Prize is announced
A birthday for Tina Fey (1970)
• Napoleon Bonaparte being proclaimed Emperor of France (1804)
• the publication of Bram Stoker’s Dracula (1897)
• India becoming the 6th nation to explode an atomic bomb (1974)
• the debut of Shrek (2001)
• the Morrison Government winning the 2019 election
Know someone who'd be interested in this story? Click to share...
The Squiz Today
Your shortcut to being informed, we've got your news needs covered.
Also Making News
Get the Squiz Today newsletter
Quick, agenda-free news that doesn't take itself too seriously. Get on it.