Meghan has a win
The Duchess of Sussex has this morning won her High Court case over the Mail on Sunday. She took parent company Associated Newspapers to court over the publication of extracts from a letter to her father. The judge said she had a “reasonable expectation that the contents of the letter would remain private”. Meghan’s letter to Thomas Markle in August 2018 said he’d broken her heart “into a million pieces” by talking to the press about their faltering relationship. In a statement, Meghan said she was grateful the publisher would be held to account “for their illegal and dehumanising practices”. The royal couple broke up with tabloid media last year, saying they would not respond to their inquiries any more. There will be a further court hearing in March to decide “the next steps” in the case.
The Squiz Today
Your shortcut to being informed, we've got your news needs covered.
Also Making News
Get the Squiz Today newsletter
Quick, agenda-free news that doesn't take itself too seriously. Get on it.