Squiz the Day
National Cabinet Meeting
A birthday for Kylie Minogue (1968)
• Anniversary of the deaths of Anne Brontë (1849), Maya Angelou (2014) and Harambe the gorilla (2016)
• Neville Chamberlain becoming PM of the United Kingdom (1937)
Birthdays for Noel Gallagher (1967), Myf Warhurst (1974), Mel B (1975) and Laverne Cox (1984)
Anniversary of :
• women’s right activist and abolitionist Sojourner Truth giving her famous ‘Ain’t I a woman?’ speech at the first Black Women’s Rights Convention in Ohio (1851)
• the birthday of John F Kennedy (1917)
• Bing Crosby recording White Christmas, which would become the world’s best-selling single with over 100 million copies sold (1942)
• NZ mountaineer Edmund Hillary and Sherpa Tenzing Norgay becoming are first people confirmed to reach the summit of Mount Everest (1953)
• Space Shuttle Discovery completing the first docking with the International Space Station (1999)
• transgender no longer classified as a mental health illness by the World Health Organization (2017)
World MS Day
Birthdays for Tom Morello (1964), Idina Menzel (1971) and Cee-Lo Green (1974)
• Joan of Arc being burned at the stake in France after being condemned as a heretic (1431)
• the publication of Gabriel García Márquez’s One Hundred Years of Solitude (1967)
• Prince Andrew and Sarah Ferguson’s divorce (1996)
Know someone who'd be interested in this story? Click to share...
The Squiz Today
Your shortcut to being informed, we've got your news needs covered.
Also Making News
Get the Squiz Today newsletter
Quick, agenda-free news that doesn't take itself too seriously. Get on it.